The Fire-Breaker System is the first of its kind: a portable, wireless fire detection system which utilizes battery-powered, smoke detectors and a central receiver/transmitter control unit to constantly monitor a broad site area for fire conditions. When fire conditions are sensed by the remote detectors, the system activates audible and visual alarms as well as an optional dialer, and can also shut down all power to the site electrical equipment, such as air filtration units and heat generating equipment. Simultaneously, the system can energize special power circuits for emergency lighting to facilitate a safe and orderly evacuation of the site.
- Portable and wireless: The central control unit is easy to carry and set up. FM radio transmissions link this with remote, battery powered smoke detectors placed throughout the site.
- System Supervision: A micro processor monitors and reports status of detectors and the system continuously
- Operates on 10VAC or an optional 7-day battery at 12VDC
- On board- audible and visual alarms on central unit
- Activates optional dialer to summon help
- LCD panel displays the identity of the detector that has sensed fire conditions, allowing quick, efficient inspection and response
- Multiple mode settings allow central unit a) automatically shut down electrical equipment three minutes after alert is sounded, or b) sound alert and wait for manual response by site personnel.
- Two special sockets on central unit are energized when main power line is shut down, thus providing a means for powering strings of lights of other emergency equipment related to site evacuation or emergency response. (110 VAC only)
- Hand-held battery-powdered “panic-button” transmitter unit allows manual activation.
- Battery back-up activates system in the event of a power failure (includes charger).
- Remote antenna extends the effective operational range of central control unit up to 1500 lineal feet
- Fiberglass NEMA 4X enclosure
- Each unit will monitor up to 32 individual detectors covering a total of 28000 sq. ft.
- Programmable: a) distinguish between detectors b) interpret output of detector
- Designed to eliminate transient signals (uses coded signals)
- Meets all relevant NFPA codes for supervised systems